I really need to keep a notepad with me at all times to write down all the funny things that Jorryn does and says these days. She's such a character!
Since I was reminded that I haven't posted anything in a while, here goes...
The Green CD. Ever since Christmas, Jorryn has had a fascination with a particular CD with a green label on it. It's Dr. Demento's Christmas Novelty CD. While I'm not a fan of every song on the CD, there are several funny/silly ones on there that I enjoy listening to during the holidays, such as The Chipmunk Song, I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas, All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth, etc.
Let me back up a little to our Christmas road trip back from Canada. After several days of blistering cold weather, we finally drove into a state that was having a warm front. The weather was spring-like and we could actually rest outdoors for a little while without freezing to death. As we lingered at a gas station, John allowed Jorryn to get in the driver's seat of the car. She really loves pretending to drive! She pressed and turned all the buttons, beeped the horn, washed the windshield and finally turned on the radio and cranked the volume! It was so funny to watch her! Once she figured out the radio, she decided that she wanted to put in a CD, so I handed one to her and she put it right in the slot and cranked the volume again! We rotated from one CD to the next and that's how she "discovered" the Green CD.
Not only does Jorryn "know" the Green CD, but she knows that the singing dogs are on that CD. So three months after Christmas, after she begged all day long to listen to it, I caved in to her so she could listen to the Jingle Bell Dogs.
If you've never had the opportunity to hear this one, or perhaps if you've forgotten about it, here it is for your enjoyment, hehe...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKhJ9IQdWQ8
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment