I was trying to get myself ready for the day and Jorryn was lingering in the bathroom with me, asking me over and over when we were going to sit down and color. I told her that it would be after I was dressed and ready. I said, "Why don't you go play with your toys for a few seconds while I finish getting ready?" She says, "okay" and runs out of the room. A few moments later I hear her giggling, and then she runs back into the bathroom grinning and says, "Okay Mama, I played for a few seconds!"
Oh boy, am I in trouble or what?
My car didn't start the other morning and I found out that the car battery cable or one of the cables had corroded. I explained to Jorryn that the car was broken and that we had to have someone fix it. I told her that the car battery cable was broken and that we were going to take it to a store where a repair man or woman would fix it. She said, " But Mama, there's batteries on the table!" And sure enough, a package of AA batteries were lying on the dining room table. I had to admire her grasp of the whole situation, it's just amazing what concepts kids pick up on at such an early age!
We always ask Jorryn how her day went and when John comes home, he asks her what she did today. John was telling me that she told him, "We had some ice cream earlier." We are really impressed with her use of 'earlier', not only that she used the word correctly, but that she grasped the concept of time.
We're still reading our two books before bed. A few nights ago, I pulled out "The Cat in the Hat" to see if she showed any interest in it and she took to it right away! She sat and paid attention to the whole story, and it is quite long to read. She has an incredible attention span. I had tried a different Dr. Seuss book a few months ago, but she lost interest after just a few pages. She also likes "Are you my Mother?" and she is a big fan of Curious George. Her favorite Curious George out of the few that we own is "Curious George and the Costume Party." I think Halloween is still her favorite holiday. She still talks about trick or treat and likes wearing costumes.
Oh one last thing: Last summer, we went to the local swimming pool 2-3 times with a friend who ended up moving away last August. We haven't seen her or her daughter since then. Well, last week, I took Jorryn to the local YMCA indoor pool for the first time in months and she told me, "Yay! We're going swimming! Swimming like with Aidan! Jump in the pool like with Aidan! 'Member? 'Member Mama?"
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment