It's been so long since I've written anything, but it's hard to write when I don't have a working computer! I hope it will be fixed soon! I'm so frustrated because now my memories are not as fresh and I had so much that I wanted to write about the holiday season.
Luckily, I wrote a few notes from before Christmas...
I bought Jorryn a Christmas book and taught her how to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in english and in french. Well, she very quickly got into the Christmas spirit. She loves looking at Christmas lights and pointing out anything that looks "Christmaslike." Most of all, she loves saying Merry Christmas! (Now that Christmas is over, she still loves saying Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, hehe.) Anyways, one of the ladies I work for is named Mary and I explained to Jorryn that this was her name. So one day, Jorryn was busy repeating her name, over and over, when all of a sudden she exclaims, "Mary Christmas!"
I've been teaching Jorryn that everyone has a name and we've been practicing with people from work. Jorryn is exceptional with remembering names. One day, I had dropped Jorryn off at childcare while I did some paperwork in another room and when I returned, one of the other mothers told me that when she and her son had walked into the room, Jorryn exclaimed, "Hi Isaac!" She couldn't believe that Jorryn not only knew her son's name, but had remembered it, and greeted him, unprompted. I was truly amazed! But I was also disappointed that I'd missed it! However, the next time that they came to play, I finally heard Jorryn greet Isaac again. I have also heard her greet a few other people that way. What a blessing that she is such an eager and enthusiastic learner!
That reminds me, I took Jorryn shopping with me and a friendly cashier started a conversation with me and said hi to Jorryn. Jorryn answered, "Hi Ms. Lady!" I've also heard her say, Hi Man! to strange men that she doesn't know who say hello to her. Hehe, I think it's just the cutest thing!
One of Jorryn's favorite books from childcare is the haircut book. It shows different children getting their hair cut. I have no idea why Jorryn likes this book so much, but she can sure locate it within a matter of seconds amidst a whole bookshelf full of books and we read it almost every day. The other day I told her I was going to cut her bangs and she said, "Snip snip, like in the book!" I said yes, and she smiled and somewhat posed for me for several minutes, which was enough time to get the job mostly done. Whew!
Finally, I took Jorryn to McDonalds one day to play in their play area and I had to stop so I could use the restroom. Well, if you've ever been to a McDOnalds play area, then you know there is one bathroom right next to the play area/eating area. So Jorryn and I go in and I use the restroom, and as I'm flushing the toilet, Jorryn shouts at the absolute top of her lungs, "GOOD JOB, MAMA!" :)
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment