I wish I had written about it sooner, because now I can't remember all of the details of that weekend, but here goes anyways.
We mostly played on Saturday, since Sunday was a big rainy mess. We woke up and boiled some eggs and sat down together to color them. It was Jorryn's first time of course. We set up seeral dyes, plus we had a wax crayon, and Jorryn had fun coloring the eggs. We helped her dip them since they were a little hard to manipulate, but we managed to decorate a few dozen eggs altogether.
John had an appointment early Saturday afternoon, so Jorryn and I decided to paint. I got out the painting supplies (mostly finger paints) and several brushes of various sizes and we painted several pictures. We actually started with water colors, but I quickly realized that she wasn't ready for that as she painted big gaping holes into her painting papers.
Later in the afternoon, we met with friends and took our girls to the park where I had set out or hid a bunch of easter eggs (the plastic kind with candy & stickers in the center). The girls came running all the way into the park with their easter baskets, squealing with joy! They had no idea what was about to happen, they just thought they were going to go play in the park! Well they came upon the easter eggs and were puzzled at first, and then the race began!
They scrambled to pick up as many eggs as they could. Jorryn was really fast, running from one spot to another! It was so funny to watch! Her friend, gathered them up as fast as she could also, but then curiosity got the better of her and she plopped on the ground to start opening them up. Once she got started, she couldn't stop, opening them all one after another and eating as much as she could.
I got several videos and photos, which I should be able to post sometime soon. I finally have a way to download my photos. Yay!
After a busy Saturday, we had a much slower paced Easter Sunday. We had not made any plans that day, s no family gatherings or big elaborate meals. Jorryn did wake up to find that an Easter basket had been left for her on our front porch. She was very excited about that. We had been reading a book about the easter bunny, so it was fitting tofind an easter basket, just like in the book.
All in all it was a great weekend! Hopefully I can get those pictures up soon!
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment