So much time has passed and so many adventures have not been recorded...
I'm both saddened and frustrated, but I can only do so much in a day! Life has gotten busier and staying up late to record adventures has become more and more challenging. Sleep is good. Sleep makes me a better Mommy too.
I'm both saddened and frustrated, but I can only do so much in a day! Life has gotten busier and staying up late to record adventures has become more and more challenging. Sleep is good. Sleep makes me a better Mommy too.
It's difficult to know even where to begin, but I guess I can start with today and work my way backward if time allows for it.
Jorryn has been telling us that she is a big girl now and that she's growing up. This is in response to us telling her that she is growing up too fast... and that she needs to slow down. She likes to tell us that she is getting bigger and bigger. That she's getting all grown up.
We know, don't we know it. Please don't remind us.
We had a fun and busy day today. After an excruciating week of late late nights for both me and John both (one night was till 4:30am for me and John pulled an all-nighter once and a 4:15am another night... no rest for the weary...) I needed a day of fun and adventure. Thank goodness for beautiful weather! After running and errand or two, Jorryn and I went to the store to buy some fall flowers, mums to be precise, and some bags of garden soil, so that we could enhance our still-blooming spring garden that we planted several months ago.
Jorryn was excited and had a good time smelling all of the flowers. Jorryn would stop and smell every rose if she could, even if there were one hundred lined up in a row. She also likes to smell "fake" flowers, when we go to craft stores. She doesn't seem to know the difference yet... I hesitate to explain the difference to her. Who am I to shatter the pristine angelic innocence of a young child so sweet in its glory? There are some things that can just wait.
So we bought our mums, and took them home and got out our tools and started digging. Jorryn had fun swirling dirt around with a small garden tool. I showed her how to dig the hole, and watched how she'd dig dig dig, and then somehow the hole would fill itself up again with dirt... oh well, it was fun anyhow. Then we'd shake shake shake the plant food in the hole and then water with the hose. The water splashed every which way, since she liked to stick her thumb in the stream to make the water split off in different directions. After pulling the plants out of their pots, I let her set it down in its new home and we'd round the dirt, covering its roots like a warm blanket.
I like seeing the flowers when I come home. They are very welcoming and Jorryn likes them too. She talks about how much they've grown. How they are growing up, "just like me!" she says.
After cleaning ourselves up, John joined us and we took off to visit the railway museum. Thomas the Train was in town and Jorryn is a fan. We decided not to ride the train, but enjoyed the many freebies at the museum, including several activity stations related to Thomas. We took pictures with Thomas, Sir Topham Hat, bounced on a moonbounce, listened to some live music, visited inside a train car, watched a miniturized train set zoom along its tracks, and bought a nice Thomas puzzle at the gift shop. Jorryn really loves puzzles. She has been working on 20-24 piece puzzles since spring. Having the choice between a fuzzy Thomas blanket and a puzzle, she chose the puzzle.
All in all, it was a great day. Jorryn was exhausted and just conked out in the car, but I think she had a good time and we did too.
1 comment:
Yay!! I have been wondering how your family was doing. Jorryn looks so big in the pics. Amazing how quickly they grow! Hope you have a great fall.
Post a Comment