My sister-in-law has type 1 diabetes and her disease is now causing her very serious problems. She is on a donor list waiting for a kidney and a pancreas. A few months ago, one of her eyes was giving her trouble and so she went in to the doctor, only to be rushed into emergency surgery and came out blind in that eye. There was hope that her vision would return, but it did not. Later, she had to go back and have surgery on that eye again. There was hope that maybe her vision would return this time, but it didn't. This weekend, she informed us that her other eye was giving her problems also... She is hoping that something can be done, of course... We're still waiting on word from the doctor.
I wish I could say I was close to my sister-and-law, but we're not at all. In fact, I think I may have seen her 3-4 times since Jorryn was born. I can't say that I've tried very hard, but she also hasn't shown much interested in being an auntie.
Still, I pray for her that she will be able to retain her eyesight. I forgot to mention that she is only 41! I wish there was more I could do...
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dang :-( That's sad news. I'll pray for her right now.
Post a Comment