We went to the boat parade last Friday, and really enjoyed watching the decorated boats float by on the river. They were all lit up with Christmas lights. Even though it was quite cold, especially with the wind blowing off of the water, we still had a good time. Luckily, I remembered to bring several blankets.
They started off the parade with a big fireworks show. As soon as we got there and could hear the full sound of those fireworks, Jorryn said, "All done fireworks!" Then she said, "Fireworks go boom! Scared. All done!" We talked her through it, telling her that yes, they were loud, but they wouldn't hurt her. We pointed out how pretty they were. We got through the fireworks show without her crying. I thought it was weird that they started the parade with the fireworks instead of ending with it.
Anyways, ever since that night, she has been talking about the fireworks. "Fireworks loud. Go boom! Scary! Jorryn scared." She says all those words intermixed with toddler babble. I'm really impressed with her ability to tell us her feelings on the matter. It's pretty obvious that she wasn't too fond of the noise. I'll be sure and bring something to muffle the sound for her next time.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cute. Well, someday you can tell Jorryn that I was a big weenie when I first saw fireworks. I was so scared that I puked!!
Post a Comment