Jorryn has a magna-doodle and loves to draw on it. We were sitting together in the recliner this morning and she was drawing scribbles and then pointing to them, asking me, "What's that?" Luckily, she's still young enough that my loss for words didn't trouble her. What do you respond to that? I remembered something out of a 'Babysitter's Club' book that I read ages ago, that they would ask their kids to 'tell them about it' (their picture that is). So that's what I did, and Jorryn just repeated what I said back to me.
That is part of her new thing recently. This must be a precursor to the "why?" stage... Jorryn asks "What's that?" to absolutely everything, even things she already knows. So again, we sat together, she'd draw a scribble and ask me, "What's that?" I usually tell her to draw me something, like a duck, cat, circle... it's so cute to watch her draw things. She also likes for me to draw. Her favorite thing she asks me to draw is 'Elmo.' "Mama, draw Elmo!" she says. Lately, I've been drawing her 'Bear,' Santa, a snowman, shapes, a cat. It's a lot of fun. The funniest part, though, was when she asked me to draw 'Erin,' which is one of her little friends. So I tried to humor her and drew Erin and as soon as I was done, she said, "What's that?" :)
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ha! Cute stuff :-)
Post a Comment