Jorryn loves basketball. If she sees basketball playing on TV, she'll stop what she's doing to watch. If we walk past the basketball court at the Y, she wants to stand in the doorway and watch people playing. A customer came into the child watch tonight with his basketball and Jorryn wanted to play with it so badly. We happen to have a volleyball in our childwatch room, and something clicked in her brain tonight that it was actually a basketball. And she walked around the room saying, "Basketball!" over and over and over. And I mean like over 200 times. It was really starting to make me nuts! She's obssessed! I think I may have to get her one for Christmas!
Last night we went to the grocery store after work (mistake!) and she was tired and cranky. I sat her in the shopping cart at first, but then she stood up and was being fussy. I asked her what was wrong. "Do you want to sit in the seat? Or do you want to walk?" I asked her. "NOOoooo!" she yelled. "Well what do you want?" I asked again. Her response: "I want to DRIVE!" And so after laughing out loud, I set her down and realized that she wanted to "navigate". Jorryn wanted to decide which aisles we were going to shop in! Silly girl!
As we were heading home, Jorryn started coughing in the backseat while she was drinking her juice. I said, "Are you okay Jorryn?" "No!" was her response. "Do you mean yes?" I asked again. To which she replied, "Yes!" We drove a few minutes longer, when suddenly I had to cough a little. Her little voice piped up from the backseat,"You okay, Mama?" :)
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Haha! You should read my post today and you'll know why I'm laughing!
Post a Comment