
Today, I pulled out Jorryn's wagon and took her on a ride to our polling station so I could vote. Today was the first time that I got to vote as a US citizen. I obtained my citizenship in late October 2004 and it was too late for me to register during that election.
I was rather relieved that there was no lineup when I got there. Jorryn didn't have time to get fussy! What she did get was a free "I Voted!" sticker, which resulted in several funny comments on our way back home. One woman shouted to her,"You go girl!!!" :)
Jorryn made several funny comments today that I need to jot down before I forget them. I was rubbing my eyes this morning and Jorryn looked at me and said "Mama's sad," and I was like awwwww...
We were at work together and Jorryn wanted to color, so I got the crayons and coloring sheets and she said, "Mama sit down" and patted the chair next to her. She wanted me to sit and color with her!
She spit up a little bit tonight (hope she's not sick!) and I noticed the accident after the fact, so I asked her what happened and where did the spit up come from. She promptly responded, "Mouth." I'm so moved and impressed by her communication skills and understanding. I feel so very lucky! I'm so spoiled!
Last but not least, we were getting her ready for bed and she was lying down on her Pooh Bear pillow (can't change a diaper at home without lying on Pooh Bear!) and she pointed to the ceiling light and said, "Light in the sky" which just seemed so cute to hear. It's funny how she has no concept of ceiling, everything is "in the sky". She got a helium balloon the other day, and kept going on about the "balloon in the sky" even though it "slept" in the corner ceiling of her bedroom during bedtime. The next morning, she woke up earlier than usual, and I heard her through the baby monitor going on and on about the "balloon coming down from the sky." It was so funny to hear, because she was talking so fast and saying so many things I couldn't understand. It was obviously a big deal to her.
I was rather relieved that there was no lineup when I got there. Jorryn didn't have time to get fussy! What she did get was a free "I Voted!" sticker, which resulted in several funny comments on our way back home. One woman shouted to her,"You go girl!!!" :)
Jorryn made several funny comments today that I need to jot down before I forget them. I was rubbing my eyes this morning and Jorryn looked at me and said "Mama's sad," and I was like awwwww...
We were at work together and Jorryn wanted to color, so I got the crayons and coloring sheets and she said, "Mama sit down" and patted the chair next to her. She wanted me to sit and color with her!
She spit up a little bit tonight (hope she's not sick!) and I noticed the accident after the fact, so I asked her what happened and where did the spit up come from. She promptly responded, "Mouth." I'm so moved and impressed by her communication skills and understanding. I feel so very lucky! I'm so spoiled!
Last but not least, we were getting her ready for bed and she was lying down on her Pooh Bear pillow (can't change a diaper at home without lying on Pooh Bear!) and she pointed to the ceiling light and said, "Light in the sky" which just seemed so cute to hear. It's funny how she has no concept of ceiling, everything is "in the sky". She got a helium balloon the other day, and kept going on about the "balloon in the sky" even though it "slept" in the corner ceiling of her bedroom during bedtime. The next morning, she woke up earlier than usual, and I heard her through the baby monitor going on and on about the "balloon coming down from the sky." It was so funny to hear, because she was talking so fast and saying so many things I couldn't understand. It was obviously a big deal to her.
No comments:
Post a Comment