Monday, November 3, 2008

Moving Back to Saturday

I got up Saturday morning to go help a co-worker from the YMCA move to her new apartment. She needed to borrow John's truck to move some of the last larger pieces in her house. It went pretty smoothly. I was glad that I knew a little bit about how to tie a rope, because it helped things move along quite well (no furniture fell out of the truck, whew!)

I asked my friend about her sons' toys still in the backyard and she told me she was planning on throwing them all away. One of the items happened to be a large plastic two-seat wagon, which looked like it was in good condition. I asked her about it and she said I could have it, if I wanted it.

Woo hoo! This was such a prize for me, because I had been wanting a wagon for Jorryn, but they seemed to be so expensive. Jorryn got to ride in a wagon at a blackberry picking event over the summer and loved it! So I was just tickled pink to come home with the wagon and get to see the expression on her face.

Of course, I took her for a ride in the wagon as soon as we could. We live across from a park, so I took her on a wagon ride on the park trail and she seemed to have a blast! We also took another ride to Walgreens later on, snuggled in a nice warm blanket and just seemed as happy as could be! What a great day!

No comments: