Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fun Stuff


This week I swapped my Wednesday morning shift at the Y for Monday, so I could take Jorryn to the Cowboy Hall of Fame today, because it is free. We had a great time! We started by looking at the paintings. Of course, having Jorryn with me, we sort of walk past the paintings, never really stopping to appreciate them closely. Most of the paintings had horses in them (duh!), so Jorryn was busy pointing to all the horsies, and keeping her entertained was not very challenging. She also enjoyed pointing out the Native American moccasins and clothing.


Next we went into the little western town they have in the museum and we both really enjoyed stepping into the little shops and seeing how things looked in the Old West. I took a few pictures in there, mainly of the beautiful old stagecoach and the old photography shop.


We then went into the children's corral and I dressed up Jorryn in some western clothes and took a few pictures. At first, I pleaded with her to put the clothes on. She kept saying no! One lady even pointed out that she sounds like she really means no! So finally I said, "Jorryn let's dress you up in a costume, like for Trick or Treat." And sure enough, she just rushed over to me and couldn't get the clothes on fast enough. I should probably mention that she picked out some pretty pink cowgirl boots and put those on right away, it was the clothes that she wasn't in a hurry to put on.


We wandered outside for a while and I let Jorryn walk around, then visited the souvenir shop and picked up a little horse in a mini purse as a souvenir and finally went home.


Moving back to Tuesday....


I got a call in the morning, as I was getting ready to head out the door, from my bookkeeping client, letting me know that she was sick and that I shouldn't come over. So it turned out that I had an unexpected morning off. I called my friend Hilary that I hadn't seen in so long and I scooped up Jorryn and went over for a visit. Hilary's family and especially her daughter have been through so much in the last 6 months since her birth. It seems like everytime we'd try to get together, I'd either be sick or she had an appointment, or I was working... etc. So it was really nice to be able to sit down and visit with her and her kids. Jorryn and her son get along really well, so they played the whole time together, giving me time to hold the baby and visit with my friend.


I almost forgot to mention that at lunchtime, I made a hotdog for Jorryn (typical kid!) and gave it to her in the ceramic plate that I had cooked it in. Silly me! What was I thinking? So of course, the plate ended up on the floor and shattered. As I heard it crash onto the floor, I shouted, "NOooo!!! Jorryn, NO!" And I sort of threw up my hands, more annoyed at myself than anything. Well, Jorryn looked up at me as if I had gone mad and said in a clear voice, "Mama, I help you! I help you clean up mess!" And I just about melted, because it was just so completely cute and adorable. I just couldn't stay upset at all, I just wanted to hug her and give her a dozen kisses!

1 comment:

Hilary de Haan said...

Cute picture! Joshua's been to that area of the museum with his cousins and enjoyed dressing-up :-)

Thanks so much for coming over to visit! Joshua really enjoyed Jorryn's company and I really enjoyed yours! Thanks for helping me put together the new stroller and for giving me a rest by holding Jenna. Looking forward to dinner next weekend! It is funny that you mentioned making a ham before you even read my post *hehe*